Writing copy that converts is never easy. Or cheap.
It either costs you a great amount of money, or time. Which is basically the same thing.
Yet, good copy is the most important element of your sales funnel. Why? Because no matter how valuable your offer, or how appealing your design, the actual WORDS on the page will ultimately persuade your prospects to buy.
So before you hit “publish”, read your copy, and look through this Ultimate Checklist (divided into five sections).
The 7P’s Checklist.
This is one of the most powerful Writing Frameworks you could possibly follow. While the order may change, the elements stay the same.
- Problem. Describe your Target Client’s problem.
- Process. Specify how you solve it, step-by-step.
- Picture. Paint a picture of where they are now vs. where they want to be.
- Promise. Show how it’ll make their life better.
- Possible Objections. Address & eliminate ALL of them.
- Proof. Prove you’ve helped people like them. (Results + Testimonials)
- Pull. Pull them into your offer by creating FOMO. Include urgency (limited time) and/or scarcity (limited quantity).
The 3C’s Checklist.
- Customer-Centric. Talk directly to your reader. Replace 90% of “we” sentences with “you” sentences.
- Compelling. Aim to trigger your target client’s dominant emotion. This alone makes your copy compelling.
- Credible. Explain why you’re qualified to solve this problem.
Alright. You’re not talking about yourself too much, and the reader is aware you can get them the result they’re after. Pretty solid. Now move on to the 5U’s. They’re critical.
The 5U’s Checklist.
- Understandable. Can a 12yo understand what you’re talking about?
- Urgent. Does it impel the reader to act now?
- Useful. Is it immediately valuable?
- Unique. What makes it stand out?
- Ultra-Specific. Did you write with one person in mind?
If so, check out the remaining two sections.
The CUB Checklist.
- Confusing. Is there one central Big Idea? A confused mind doesn’t buy.
- Unbelievable. Is it hard to believe you can deliver on your promise?
- Boring. A bored reader won’t read on. What makes it exciting?
Last but not least; while reading your copy, your prospects will have multiple questions. Fail to answer even one of them, and they likely won’t buy. Let’s make sure that’s not the case.
The 5 WHAT’s Checklist.
- “What is it about?” Use bullet points throughout your copy to make it easily readable & understandable.
- “What will it do for me?” Name all the Benefits of buying your product/service to answer this question.
- “What do I get?” Present every part of your Offer & throw in 1-3 compelling Bonuses.
- “What if it doesn’t work?” Include risk reversal. (e.g. Money-Back Guarantee or Free Trial)
- “What now?” Your CTA (call to action) should clearly lead the reader to the next step.
Does Your Copy Tick ALL These Boxes?
If yes, it can go live.
Anything less loses you sales. And you can’t afford that.
I personally apply this Ultimate Checklist every time I write. And guess what – our sales pages convert up to 7.5X MORE customers than average.
Coincidence? I think not.
So use it next time you write.
Here’s to converting more clients,
P.S. I’m aware this was a lot to take in. If you’re still not 100% sure your copy hits home (whether it’s your posts, LinkedIn Profile, or your landing page), and want me to go through it sentence-by-sentence & provide personalised feedback on what exactly to improve & how – book your 1:1 session here.
P.P.S. If you book in the next 24 hours, we’ll throw in a LinkedIn Profile Review worth $497 at no extra cost.